Thursday, March 21, 2013

Me, my work, and my aspirations!

Hello to all my potential readers!   I'm fairly new to blogging and I'm assuming the first post any new blog should have is an introduction.  My name is Erika (obviously!), I'm 27, and I have 2 kids, a 7-year-old boy and a 6-month-old girl.  And oh yeah, I am a hermit...uhh, I mean bead artist/jewelry designer...same thing in my experience.  So this blog is as much a way to get myself out there and make some friends as it is to get my work seen (and hopefully bought!).  I recently lost my "day job" and have made the decision to finally seriously take a stab at making a living from my art, something you will have the pleasure to be a part of!  I have experimented with many art media in my life, from drawing to collaging to knitting, but by far my favorite is jewelry making, especially bead embroidery, which I have been doing for about 5 years now.  I have shown my work in my own gallery show with Kayla Cote-Woodward of  Kayla Cote Handmades, as well as in Beadwork magazine in their Challenge section of their Feb/March 2013 issue (mine's on the right).  

I live and go to school in Santa Fe, NM, studying for an MA in art therapy and counseling.  I want to share with others (and you!) the healing that can be attained from art and jewelry making. 

Here I am in a 1920s photo shoot taken by my talented sister, Shelby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment