Monday, April 15, 2013

Star Struck at Santa Fe Artisan's Market

I'm a small town North Dakota girl living in the small, yet amazing city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, where you never know what is going to happen.  Yesterday I was working the Artisan's Market like I do most Sundays, selling my jewelry with my good friend, Roxanne.  The day was good...I sold a couple things, made a little cash, and saw my first celebrity ever!

Having grown up in America's celebrity culture, watching them on a tiny TV or a huge movie screen makes famous people seem inhuman and untouchable, especially to a girl from a state like North Dakota.  So when Hilary Swank, who is filming here in Santa Fe for a new movie directed by Tommy Lee Jones, walked in, my initial reaction was to think she was a look-alike. I actually almost asked her, "Has anyone told you that you look like Hilary Swank?"  Once I realized she was the real thing, I think I just stared with a stupid look on my face, while she walked by staring back.  It was just so weird to realize this famous woman is a real person, a human just like me.  She seemed so real it was unreal.  And I have never been one to revere celebrities like some people.  It just shows me how much Hollywood can affect a person's perceptions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment