Monday, April 22, 2013

Thrifty Finds April 22

Today I didn't get out to Goodwill until around noon, which I have learned means I won't find as much by the way of vintage, with no exceptions today.  The trip was not a waste, though, as I found a great ottoman for my big chair, something I have been wanting for a while, and it was only $5!  I'm going to clean it up and post pictures at a later date.

But since I didn't find much I'm going to post some past finds and what I did with them! 
 
This cute little end table has neat Asian style cut outs on the side.  I found it years ago at a "thrift store", which was basically a junk pile, in Texas for $15.  I spray painted it burgundy and covered the top with buttons for one of my design classes in college.  Its a bit hard to see in the photos, but the design made by the buttons is a spiral. 

More recently at my local Goodwill I found the two spiral "coasters" (how perfect for this table!), the leaf plate, the vintage lamp, and the lamp shade.  The wax melter is from Melaleuca.  (A great company which makes wonderful products...visit their site and contact me if you are interested!). 

Maybe I will add a tutorial or DIY project instructions for the button table...what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment