Friday, April 12, 2013

The Beauty of Seed Beads



My main passion in this life is beads....well, specifically seed beads.  And through this blog I am finding a number of new passions, things I always new I liked, but never got real excited about until now.  This includes connecting with others, writing, sharing my life, and especially...photography.  I have always believed I had no interest in digital photography, just black and white 35 mm (I took a class in art school and fell in love).  I do still love the latter and am working on a series of black and white prints (a long time in the making yet), but I am realizing just how fun it can be to play with my plain point and shoot digital camera, especially when I am photographing my seed beads! 

I have been working on a big bead embroidered collar using multiple colors of seed beads.  Something I have always had trouble with is finding a place to hold my beads while I'm working...a container that is shallow so they are easy to pick up with a needle and yet also easy to put away when done.  Here is my solution, and a quite beautiful one at that. 





Sneak peak of my work in progress!



 Stay tuned for more beautiful photos and for a post featuring my work in progress collar in the photo!




1 comment: