Monday, April 1, 2013

Thrifty Finds, Goodwill, April 1st


Today I did my weekly shopping at Goodwill. I cannot stress enough just how AWESOME the Goodwill here in Santa Fe, NM is.  Great things at great prices.  I went early today, around 10, so I found a lot.  Monday's are 25% off days and the place is packed!  As I walked in I already saw a globe, something my son has been asking for, being snatched up.  That's twice now!  As usual I went straight to the back of the store where the furniture is and found a TV tray for $1.50, something I had just the day before thought about to use as a workstation while watching TV.  I also found a cool end table with square cut outs on the sides ($11.50) and an office chair for $4.50 (another very much needed item).  I don't know if there is serendipity in thrift shopping, but it sure seems like it!

I also picked up the cool china pieces below, my favorite being the 3 collectors plates.  These are from the Edwin Knowles Artists of the World series featuring the oil paintings of "Ted" De Grazia.  And I only paid $7.50 each! Most of the china I will be listing in my Etsy store soon! 


I also got a pair of shoes for my daughter, my son (who was running around the store and asking if we could go the whole time.  I will NEVER bring him again!) a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap.  Lastly, I picked up a bag of Chinese lantern "Christmas" lights, which I put up in my room right away along with many of my other previous finds (including the paper lamp next to my bed, the black and white chair, and 2 paintings on the wall) . 


1 comment:

  1. Love the lights on your headboard. Cute!

    ReplyDelete