Friday, April 5, 2013

What did I get myself into?!

Yoo-hoo, is anyone out there?  :)

So I'm a week or 2 into this "make-my-jewelry-making-my-business-and-blog-about-it" idea, and I'm starting to feel the pressure of the momentous task ahead of me...learning SEO (search engine optimization), promoting, blogging everyday, learning something new everyday, etc, etc.  And it can be a bit disheartening to work your butt off, turn out things you're very proud of (like my photography tutorials!), while having little traffic, no sales or blog comments and knowing you cannot even expect them regularly for quite some time (what!? you mean I possibly won't even make a dollar for another year!?).  And also realizing that in the competitive worlds of jewelry-making and blogging, so much of it has already been done before!  So why bother, right?

But honestly?  I'm loving (almost) every minute of this!  I truly enjoy every step from making the jewelry through to promoting it and writing blog posts.  I'm not sure if it directly correlates, but I have been so much happier since I started than I have been in years.  I guess that is a good sign and means I'm already past probably the hardest part of having this type of business...maintaining your momentum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment